
It's funny to watch how much babies change in such a short time. Two months ago, Rhea still wanted to be held all the time and would cry if she was put down. Then, over the past month she started feeling more comfortable sitting on her own as long as we were close by. Now, she wants out of our arms and on the floor all the time and she only needs us to help her keep her balance every once in a while or give her new toys to play with!
Although I am a little sad that I don't get to hold her as much as I used to, I know this is a good thing. She is gaining her independence and is starting to explore new things on her own vs. having us do all the work and this exploration will eventually help her learn how to crawl.
And, while I'm not in a rush to have Rhea be mobile, she seems to be. She is still a ways from figuring out how to crawl and from being strong enough to make it happen. But, she is getting stronger by the day. This morning as soon as she was done with her bottle, we moved to her playmat on the floor. She sat there and played with her toys for a good half hour. Then, as she was starting to get restless, I layed her on her belly on the floor and she was kicking her legs and was trying to wiggle herself forward. After a little while, she got frustrated that she couldn't move, but it was amazing to see her starting to put things together. I know it's just a matter of time until she does.
No comments:
Post a Comment