Yesterday was Rhea's first day back at daycare after a 2 week break, so we had to get back into our normal routine. Our morning was a little crazy -not only did I have to get the two of us ready to go, I also had to do a little work before leaving for the office (you have to love earnings day). Anyway, after we had everything for the two of us ready - my laptop, lunch and coffee and Rhea's bottles, bag with extra clothes and supplies (diapers, wipes, etc), we were off.
When we got to her daycare and I took Rhea out of her car seat, she looked around and then cried and clung to me. It took us a few seconds and several of her favorite toys to distract her enough for me to even hand her over. It was torture for all of us and I knew I had to leave, even though I didn't want to. A few minutes after I left, Rhea was fine, of course. She loves her daycare and her daycare provider, so we all knew she would be OK. It just took her a little while to get reacquainted with everyone there.
When I picked her up yesterday afternoon, she was happy as could be and we had a great night at home. She crashed right at 7:00 - I don't think it took her 3 minutes to fall asleep last night. I think she wore herself out playing with her friends at daycare!
This morning, Rhea fussed a little when I dropped her off. But, it was much, much better than yesterday. Hopefully, she'll continue to do better with the drop off everyday...then, it will be the weekend and we'll have to go through this all over again on Monday. It's a never-ending cycle!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment