Monday, April 14, 2008

Busy Weekend

This past weekend was a busy one for us. On Saturday, mommy and daddy both had to work, so Grandpa and Grandma M came out and spent the morning with Rhea. From what I hear, she was spoiled rotten the entire time! After I got home and Grandma and Grandpa headed back, Rhea and I went for a walk. The weather was surprising on Saturday - the weathermen were saying rain, but in the middle of the day, the sun came out and the temp warmed up. I decided to walk to the local grocery store (about a 25 minute walk each way), but half way there, the sky started to look threatening, so we cut our trip short and headed back, which was good, since right after we got home, we had a thunderstorm! Rhea didn't seem bothered at all by the thunder and lightening. I'm sure she heard it, but she didn't react at all to it. Maybe she will be like mommy and love a good thunderstorm.

On Sunday, Rhea and I went to a baby shower for one of my cousins who is having a boy in June. The shower was about an hour and a half away, so I figured Rhea would sleep the entire way...but, she had other ideas. Even though she was really tired, it took her almost an hour to fall asleep. Her eyes would close and then she would force them open again. Toward the end of the hour, she was getting fussy and just plain overtired. Finally, mercifully, she fell asleep and she was in a good mood when we arrived at the shower.

Of course everyone wanted to hold her, but once again, she wouldn't let anyone but mommy or memere hold her. She was an angel, as usual, she was just very particular about how she wanted to spend the time. By the end of the shower, she was exhausted and this time when we got in the car it only took her 3 minutes to fall asleep!

Rhea's daycare is closed this week, so today, Auntie Danielle and Adrianna came up to spend the day with her. She of course cried when I left, which is total torture, but after a few minutes, she settled down and it sounds like she really enjoyed her time with them. I actually got to come home a little early today because NStar was doing work near my office and accidentally cut the wrong wire, killing all power to our building! After an hour when the power didn't come back on, they closed the office. I'll take a few extra hours of non-work time that I can spend with my daughter anyday! Thanks NStar :)

No comments: