Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Sleep, Toss and Roll

When Rhea first started to roll over, we were so excited - we realized what a huge milestone this was for her and were relieved that she was on track development-wise. What we didn't realize was all of the new challenges this would present.

The past two mornings when I have gone in to get Rhea, she has turned herself completely around, so her head is where her feet were and her feet are where her head was! I have no idea how she is doing this in her sleepsack! One morning, she was on her belly and decided that she didn't feel like rolling herself back onto her back, so she cried until we came in and did it (already in charge, I know).

This moving thing has also made diaper changes a new adventure. She no longer just lies there while we change her. Her new thing when she isn't trying to roll over or sit up is to try and put her feet in her mouth. She can do it, which is great, but needless to say having her feet in her mouth is not the ideal way for to lay when trying to get her diaper changed. I know it's only going to get more interesting from here as she continues to figure out even more ways she can move.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is this what I have to look forward too? HEHEHEHE. Way to go Rhea, make Mommy and Daddy work for it, just don't teach your cousin how to do the same please.

mccashew said...

and so it begins!

Wait until later when you feel like you are wrestling an alligator at diaper changes and she starts deciding when it is done and tries to run off on you. I lay Caroline on the floor most times with my leg over her to hold her down... it's awesome =)

Seriously though - CONGRATS! Wonderful that she is on the road to becoming such an independent young lady!