Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Mommy and Daddy ONLY

It seems that Rhea has become very attached to mommy and daddy recently. We could tell that she recognizes us and that she loves us, but until this weekend, we didn't realize how attached she had become.

In addition to Easter, we had Uncle Bryan's 30th birthday party on Saturday. So, between the 2 days, Rhea saw all 8 of her grandparents, 2 of her great-grandmothers and several of her aunts, uncles and cousins. Of course everyone who sees her wants to hold her and no matter who we handed her to, she cried. Sometimes she would let someone hold her for a minute, but then she would turn to either me or daddy and reach toward us and start to cry. The only thing that would comfort her was to be with us.

In a way, I was happy to see this. It means that Rhea is beginning to distinguish between faces she sees everyday and those she sees less often. It also means she has figured out who her parents are (finally) and that she really does love us. But, I was also a little sad because I know how much everyone else loves her too and I could tell they were a little disappointed to not get to spend more time with her. I guess the good news for everyone is that this is a phase and that as she gets bigger, she will be able to recognize more than just mommy and daddy's faces.

No comments: