Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Happy Birthday Rhea!


It's official - Rhea is now a 1 year old! I can't believe a whole year has past since we first saw and held our beautiful baby girl. What a year it has been! I look at her big blue eyes and remember when she could hardly focus them. I think of our lack of sleep these past few weeks and remember when all she did was sleep. I think back to when we tried to get her to use a binky to help her soothe herself and she didn't want it. Now, we won't take a nap without it.! I think of the first time she smiled at me and realize how much I look forward to seeing that smile every day. I think of how tiny she was when we brought her home and how much she has grown in just 12 months.

I think of how much my life changed on September 16, 2007 at 7:10 p.m. when Rhea officially made her arrival, during a Red Sox game and right before a Pats game! I think of how much she has taught me over the past year about true unconditional love, about the excitement you can feel over the smallest things. I think about how much I treasure the memories we have made over the past year and how much I look forward to the upcoming years and all of the memories still to come.

Most of all, I think about how much I love my daughter and how proud I am of what a beautiful, happy little girl she is already.

So, happy birthday Rhea. I hope you have fun today and enjoy your party at daycare. I love you - there isn't a minute today that I won't be thinking of you.

1 comment:

Susanb said...

Happy Birthday Rhea!! You are the most precious little girl and you are loved by so many people. I had tears in my eyes reading my firts-born daughter's comments about her first-born daughter!! Wish we could have been with you on your actual birthday but you were in our hearts and thoughts all day. Love, Memere and Pepere.