Rhea continues to battle a nasty cold. Her poor little nose switches between being stuffed up and running. In fact, her nose is so stuffy that she is snoring at night as she tries to breathe! It's cute to hear on the monitor, but it makes us feel so bad knowing she isn't feeling good still.
Over the last day or so, she has also started coughing, usually at night in her sleep. I actually called Rhea's doctor's office today to see if there is anything we can do to help her since she has been sick since Saturday and doesn't show any signs of getting better. I just talked to the nurse and she said there isn't much we can do for her since she is still so little. We just have to keep suctioning her nose (which she absolutely hates) and having her drink lots of fluids. If we notice her pulling at her ear or if she develops a fever, we have to bring her in to the doctor's right away because then it could be an ear infection. Ughhh...I just want it to go away!
Of course, inevitably, Rhea's cold has started to affect me and Daddy as well. I feel awful - my throat hurts so bad that I went to the doctor's today to make sure I don't have strep throat...I don't, thank god, but I definitely feel like I am getting sick. Billy also feels under-the-weather, although he seems to be weathering this the best of all 3 of us. Is this a sign of what we have to look forward to this fall and winter?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment