Today was Rhea's first official day at her new daycare and all I can say is so far, so good! We had kind of a rough morning. Rhea woke up around 5:30, which is a little early for her. I gave her a bottle and then she was so tired and cranky still that I put her back to bed for another hour or so. When she woke back up she was in a slightly better mood, but she was definitely a little off. I swear she knew that today was different.
Anyway, after collecting all of our things, we headed over the daycare center. When we got there we went straight to her room and said hi to her teacher. I stayed for about 15 minutes to set up Rhea's cubby space and to help her get a little comfortable. She went back and forth between being curious about her surroundings and clinging to me.
When I was ready to go, I said goodbye and she of course started to cry (I almost did too). But as soon as she started fussing, her teacher scooped her up and distracted her so I could sneak out without her watching me walk out the door. I called about an hour and a half after dropping her off to check on her and she was fine - no crying. In fact, she was sitting in a high chair having a snack making faces at Gavin, a little boy in her classroom! What a relief when I made that call. And what a relief dropping her off with professionals who know how to handle her clinginess and sadness at being away from mommy and daddy. Hopefully, she is having fun right now or actually hopefully she is napping now, since it's her naptime. I can't wait to see her! More on her first day tomorrow...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment