Monday, September 22, 2008

Facing Forward


The day has finally arrived - we have turned Rhea's car seat around to face forward! I have been waiting for this day for a few reasons: 1) It will be so much easier to tend to Rhea if she needs anything while she is in the car. 2) It will be easier to get her in and out of the car. And 3) It will be nice to see her smiling face looking at me vs. the back of her car seat. And for Rhea, it must be so exciting to have something to look at instead of the seat back or the mirror we put there so we could see what she was doing.

So, today's ride to daycare was the first time she faced forward and she did well. We still have her seat in the middle of the back seat, so she was able to look out the windshield as we drove. We also had fun at red lights and stop signs when I could turn around and make faces at her or grab her little feet! I know driving is my first priority, but as soon as the car was stopped, I couldn't help but turn around and interact with Rhea.

As for that daycare drop off, it is going amazingly well. No tears today! None! Have we finally adapted? And on a Monday? I was so relieved and happy to see Rhea go right to her teacher and not freak out when I said bye. It has been this way since Thursday - easy drop offs without the tears, but I was prepared for a regression after the weekend. What a relief!

As for the cold, it is still bothering her, but it does seem to be getting better. In addition to everything we have been doing, over the weekend we broke out the humidifier for Rhea's room and started using a bath soap that helps soothe colds. I'm not sure if this has made a difference or if it just that we are one week into it, but Rhea does seem to be starting to kick this cold once and for all.

Finally, both of her top front teeth are through the gums, which we are excited about. What we are not excited about is the grinding and banging of the top and bottom teeth Rhea has started doing. It's seriously like nails on a chalkboard. We try to tell her not to do this, but I don't think she knows what we are trying to stop. Will she outgrow this? I hope so!

No comments: