Let me start this post with Rhea's triumphant return to daycare. She was very, very, very happy to get back to school today. When we got there, she immediately went up to her friend Hazel and started playing with her. She didn't even give me a second glance this morning! If I could read her mind, I think she was saying, "Thank god I have someone else to play with again."
So, I left and went home, not sure whether I preferred the tears to the brushoff at dropoff! I worked from home today since the roads were in terrible condition still and the thought of being in my car for hours to get the office was way too much to bear.
I left to pick Rhea up at my normal time and was in no way, shape or form ready for the ride back to daycare. What is normally a 10-15 ride each way took over an hour each way. My total roundtrip was more than 2 hours!! Let's just say, before Rhea was in the car, I was saying things I cannot repeat on this G-rated blog!
Anyway, Rhea fell asleep in the car, which wasn't a huge surprise since we were in it for so long. When we finally got home, I woke her up and brought her in the house and she spend the next 30 minutes crying and screaming. She didn't want to eat anything...not even grapes. She didn't want to take a bath. In fact, the mere sight of the towel caused a major meltdown. Everything we asked her received a shake of the head and a firm, "no" (a word she now knows well and uses often). Finally we were sitting in her room and I asked her if she wanted to go "night night" and she shook her head yes, the only yes we got all evening. So I changed her and put her to bed and I haven't heard a peep since.
I'm sure her mood tonight was affected not just by the fact that she was obviously tired and our ride home sucked, but also by the fact that she has a tooth coming in. We can see the white of the tooth popping through the gum. This tooth is on the top, just to the right of her front tooth. And it looks like there is another one right behind it. She's due...she only has 4 teeth through, so I have been bracing myself for the inevitable teething frenzy, which I know is coming. For now, I just hope she sleeps well...I have visions of her waking up at 3 am starving...hopefully I'm wrong!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment