We got home Friday afternoon at noon and since then, we have kept ourselves occupied as best we could. We played with all her toys. We played in the playroom, in the living room, in the kitchen, upstairs, downstairs, upstairs again and downstairs again.
We watched Yo Gabba Gabba and Sesame Street, several times. We danced to a CD of children's music. We colored (well, I colored and Rhea put the crayons in and out of the box, but it still occupied some time). We cuddled. We filled the dishwasher and emptied it. We played "where's mommy" and I hid while Rhea found me. Then we played "get Daddy" where we chased him around and got him.
By this evening when Rhea and I went in her playroom, I could tell she was just sick of the toys. She wanted to play with nothing that I gave her. I seriously think she was so happy to go to bed for the chance that she might get to leave tomorrow and see faces other than mine or Daddy's and play with some other toys!
The highlight for Rhea, I think, was getting to stand on her new stool and watch the snow out the window. Every time she would enter the kitchen, she would hop on her stool and check out what was going on. Sometimes we should wave to the snow. Other times, she would just peek outside at the growing piles of snow. The best was when Daddy went outside to shovel and threw some snow at the window. She thought that was the funniest thing and she laughed so loud, so Daddy did that every time he walked by and we were in the window.
Now, if the snow would just stop so we can get out of this house tomorrow before we all go crazy!
No comments:
Post a Comment