Yesterday when I dropped Rhea off at daycare her teacher Regina told me that they feel Rhea is ready to move to the next classroom. Regina says that Rhea is very smart and they think she needs to be challenged more during the day. While they have circle time and a little bit of structure in her current classroom, I guess in the next classroom, they really start stressing schedules and learning (ABCs, numbers, etc) in addition to the playtime they have.
They will start transitioning Rhea slowly over the next few weeks - she will spend an hour or two in her new classroom to get comfortable with the room, the kids and the teachers Brittany and Sarah. I told Regina that I thought this was a good strategy since Rhea can be shy and scared when around new people.
Rhea will be moving over with one of her current classmates, an adorable little girl named Devon. The two of them will be the youngest in the classroom - the kids now range in age from 18 months to 25 months, but the teachers think both of them will be able to keep up with the older kids, which is a huge compliment to both to of them.
When I got the news, part of me was happy and honestly beaming with pride for my daughter's obvious achievements and recognition. But part of me was sad too because I know how much she loves her classroom and her teachers and I can't believe she is big enough to move from the infant/toddler room to a full-fledged toddler room.
The transition starts next week...we'll see how it goes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment