So it turns out Rhea wasn't just tired on Monday night, she was actually starting to get sick! This wasn't a huge surprise, although it took a while for the inevitable fever to show up.
Tuesday morning actually started out as a good morning. Rhea didn't wake up until 5 am, which wasn't bad considering she had been in bed early the night before. She ate a little breakfast and had a little milk, but she wanted to spend most of the time cuddled with me on the couch watching Yo Gabba Gabba, which I was totally fine with of course, except for the Yo Gabba Gabba part...they really need more new shows!
Anyway, when it was time for Daddy to leave, Rhea looked at him and said, "bye bye Dada." That was the first time she had combined words, so we were all really excited.
After that, I got Rhea dressed, dropped her off at daycare and then worked from home, until 11:15 when the phone rang. I saw her daycare on the caller ID and knew this wasn't going to be good. Sure enough, Rhea had a 102 degree fever and I had to pick her up right away. When I got there, Rhea looked really sleepy even though her teachers said she had slept a good part of the morning. So, we dashed home, right up to the bathroom and immediately gave her some Tylenol to start our fever-breaking efforts that we are getting good at!
She slept for a good part of the afternoon, except for the time we went to the doctor's office. I don't usually bring her in every time she has a fever, but with 2 days until Christmas, I wasn't taking any chances. We got good news while we were there - no major sickness, no ear infection, probably just teething and a virus.
So, back we went to the house, where Rhea continued to want to snuggle and sleep and be held. I couldn't put her down all day! She did eat a little bit and did drink quite a bit of juice/water, which was good.
The surprising development yesterday was that she wanted nothing to do with her binkie, something she hasn't been able to live without lately. I have such a love/hate relationship with that thing that I can't wait for it to be gone and I wonder if this is our opportunity. She went to bed last night without it as well by her choice and so far today, she hasn't used one. So, maybe that is her Christmas present to us. We'll see.
Daycare policy states that once a child is sent home with a fever, they cannot return until they are fever-free for 24 hours, which means Rhea is home today. Nana came over this morning to watch her while I try to get a little bit of work done. We will be heading over to her daycare later this afternoon for their Christmas party though. When we were leaving the center director told me to please bring her if she felt up to it and since the fever is gone and she is back to being her usual playful, happy self, we will definitely go the party - I wouldn't want her to miss it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment