Friday, June 6, 2008

No Daycare Today

Yesterday we had an issue at Rhea's daycare. Apparently, her daycare provider left her and the other babies and went out to do some errands. She says that she left them with her husband, but I didn't see her husband when I picked her up. And while this is upsetting, she never told me she left Rhea at all. The only reason I know is because Rachelle told me. And the only reason Rachelle knows is because she got to the house before our daycare provider and saw her pull in without the babies in the car. So, needless to say, this was really upsetting for me and for Rachelle. I honestly felt sick all of last night wondering who was watching my kid and was this the first time this happened. I didn't sleep at all and this morning, I knew there was no way I could bring her to daycare today. I just needed to be with her. So, I decided to work from home today and keep Rhea with me. I also offered to take care of Vince today, since I was going to be home, and Rachelle took me up on it. So I squeezed in work when I could and spent the rest of the time taking care of Rhea and Vince.

It was fun and a lot of work having the two babies. They are honestly both so good and Vince sleeps a lot, so that made it even easier. When they both were awake, I just had to focus on one at a time - hold Rhea, put Vince in the bouncer, hold Vince, put Rhea in the jumperoo. It actually worked out pretty well and they even both napped at the same time! I couldn't believe with 2 babies here, I had 45 minutes to work!

The interesting thing was watching Rhea's reaction to this. She is a social baby and loves other kids. But, she is used to be the only baby here and she definitely had flashes of jealousy when I would hold Vince or he would play with her toys. I took out her playmat, which she has outgrown at this point, and layed Vince on it. Well, as soon as I did, she wanted to play on it. And when I was holding him and she was in her jumperoo, she got fussy and she wanted to be held. Overall, she handled it well, but I think it will take a little more practice for her to learn to share her toys and her mommy.

As for daycare, we'll have to see what tomorrow brings. I'm glad to have the weekend...

2 comments:

Nana Curley said...

This must have very scary for you. I am very worried about this babysitter. I am glad you had a great day with Rhea and Vince.

Nana curley

mccashew said...

How scary!! I am sure you will figure something out - thinking of you!