Rhea's second tooth is coming in! We can just see the top of the tooth popping through. This tooth is also on the bottom and is right next to her first tooth.
Once again, she seemed to hardly be bothered at all by the teething process. She occasionally seemed a little cranky over the past week or so, but nothing like the horror stories I hear or read about on BabyCenter (trust me I thank god all the time I have been blessed with such a good natured baby).
Well, now that Rhea has 2 teeth, we figured it was time to really start brushing her teeth - with a toothbrush and toothpaste. I found a cute little brush which came with what I am sure is yummy toothpaste (it definitely smells yummy). Our big dilemma was when to brush her teeth...the morning is tough enough just trying to get the 3 of us ready and out the door. She has a bottle right before bed and once that's done she is either too tired or too cranky for toothbrushing. So, we figured let's work it into bathtime - we're in the bathroom already anyway!
On Wednesday night, we put our brilliant plan into action and it went really well. I am never sure what the reaction will be to something new and Rhea just loved her toothbrush. She let me brush her teeth (it probably helped that Daddy was pretending to brush his teeth at the same time) and then when I was done, we gave her the brush to hold and get used to. Right away, she put the brush into her mouth! This child is so smart!
Last night when it was time to brush her teeth again, I wasn't sure if it would still be fun now that is wasn't new. But Daddy grabbed his brush and Rhea once again let me brush her teeth with no objections, while she watched Daddy and smiled. Pretty soon that smile will feature 2 teeth - I can't wait!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment