Before I get to the daycare situation, I have to write about what a long night last night was. Rhea did not sleep well at all. We do not have air conditioning in her room (can you even put an air conditioner in a baby's room?), so by the time we put her down last night at 7:00 it was really warm in her room. We put a small fan in there, but I don't think it helped. She could not fall asleep! We tried for about 40 minutes - mixing letting her try to put herself to sleep and me comforting her and trying to help her. After 40 minutes, we decided to move her to the pack-n-play in our room, where we have an air conditioner and a ceiling fan. Of course moving her woke her up and by the time we got her settled, she was wide awake. So we started the process again and she finally fell asleep at 9:00, two hours after we started trying!
She then woke up a few times throughout the night and seemed a little unsure about where she was. At about 2:00 am, I couldn't get her back to sleep, so I brought her in bed with us and the snuggling put her right to sleep. But, it isn't like it was before. She is a wiggleworm now and she ended up diagonal between me and daddy, which left little room for us. So, at 3:00, back in the pack-n-play she went until 5:30 when she was up for good. She took a nap this morning before we left and slept for more than an hour this morning, so she seems to be making up for the lost sleep. Unlike mommy who is at work and trying to load up on caffeine!
Now to the daycare situation. We have pulled Rhea from the daycare (Vince is out as well). This was really a no-brainer for me. While Rhea has seemed to enjoy her time there, I knew I could never send her back. I don't believe the explanation I was given and I absolutely cannot leave my daughter with someone I don't trust. I believe that we only know about her absence because she got caught and that leads me to believe that this wasn't the first time and wouldn't have been the last time it happened. So, Rhea is with Rachelle and Vince this week. Her work was understanding about the situation and gave her the week off. She offered to watch Rhea for me while we figure everything out. Thank you Rachelle - it's nice to have such wonderful friends!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Angie, you did the right thing by following your mama instincts. That's nuts that the child care providor would even THINK it was okay to do something like that! Did she give you any explaination? Oh, and glad to hear you put the a/c in the bedroom. As long as it's comfortable for you, it'll probably be just fine for her.
Post a Comment