Saturday, February 16, 2008

5 Months Old Today


Today Rhea is 5 months old! I think back over the last 5 months and I can't believe how much she has already changed and grown.

She is now smiling all the time...except when she sees a camera. Then, she gets a serious face, which is why I have no pictures of her smiling!

She also holds her head up like a pro and loves to sit up. She is almost able to sit up on her own. I think just another few weeks and she won't need any more help from mommy, daddy or Bumbo!

She is also very alert and is always taking in her surroundings. When we brought her home, she seemed to have a hard time focusing on anything. Now, she watches everything and seems fascinated by what she sees. She loves watching us eat and will stare at each bite we take. She also loves to watch the cats move around. I am not looking forward to the day she starts chasing them. For now, she just thinks they are fun to watch.

Finally, she talks all the time. Not real words of course. But babble and cooing. If you ask her a question, she answers you in baby babble. If you sing to her, she sings along in baby babble. It's so funny - I wonder what she's saying.

Now, if only we could get her to sleep through the night!

No comments: