Thursday, September 24, 2009

This and That

Time really does fly. Between work and everything else, I haven't had much time to update this blog. So, I thought I would do a quick recap of some of the highlights...

First, Rhea is sick. She has a cold - runny nose, sneezing, coughing. I read somewhere that kids are expected to get 12-15 or so colds this fall/winter, so I guess this is #1! I also guess it is going to be a long fall/winter! Anyway, this cold has stayed relatively minor, which I know is easy for me to say since I'm not the one with the cold. But, given last year's colds, this one isn't too bad. Rhea can still play, still has an appetite and is still sleeping well, so now all we need is for the cold to go away!

Second, Rhea has seemed to embrace this terrible 2 idea. I mean she turned 2 last Wednesday and Monday when I picked her up from daycare, I was told she was "fresh" all day and that she had to sit in timeout not once, but twice for pushing and hitting other kids! Yikes! That came out of nowhere. The good news is that Tuesday and Wednesday were better days, so maybe she just wasn't feeling good on Monday and let everyone know!

Third, Rhea's favorite activity right now? Coloring in the driveway with chalk. As soon as pull in the driveway it's like she remembers that she has chalk and we cannot go in the house until we have drawn at least one heart, one house, one flower, some circles and maybe a few other things. Rhea is funny at this point because she will scribble something and then tell me what it is. It goes like this: scribble, scribble. Look at my elephant. Scribble, scribble. I drew a kitty. If I'm being honest, her elephant and kitty don't look much different that mine. Drawing is definitely not one of my talents!

Rhea's other favorite thing to do right now? Sing! It's awesome because more and more she'll sing along with one of the kid's songs we're listening to. Sometimes she'll just break out into song at a store or at the park. And, she knows most of the words to Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star and most of the letters in the Alphabet Song.

Finally, a couple of weeks ago, Rhea tried something new for the first time - bowling! I wasn't sure what she would think of it, but she loved it and she had a blast pushing the ball (with a little help from mommy of course). We got this on video...hope you enjoy!

No comments: