Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Did Someone Say Birthday?

I haven't posted since last Thursday! Well, here are some highlights from the past few days:
  • Lauren turned 13 last Friday. 13 --when did that happen? And how? When I met her she was a little older than Rhea. And now, she's a teenager. Time really does fly.
  • We celebrated on Friday with a few friends and then had a big fiesta on Sunday with our family. Both days were fun and I think Lauren would agree that we brought in the teenage years in style!
  • Sunday was really a lot of fun. Lauren chose a Mexican theme so we ate guacamole and homemade salsa and enjoyed make your own tacos. And of course us adults got to sip on margaritas as well. It was so nice to see everyone and it meant so much to have all of our family celebrate with us.
  • In between Lauren's parties, we went to another birthday party for Sara who lives a few houses down and turned one the same day Lauren turned 13.
  • Both parties had pools, so Rhea got to swim a lot. Of course she kicked off her 2009 swim season on Thursday afternoon by jumping into our pool all by herself. Billy had just gotten in and told Rhea to stand with Lauren and wait a minute. No sooner did he finish than she was in the pool...without floaties or anything. I seriously lost 10 years of my life when she jumped in to the pool. I didn't lose any more because when he scooped her up a second or two after she went in she happily told us "Rhea jump!" She wasn't choking. Water wasn't coming out of her nose. We got lucky and after I squeezed her tight, all I could think was she better not ever do that ever again! In all seriousness, Friday we started a new rule: no pool area without floaties.

We are on a brief birthday break until this weekend, when we will celebrate Grandpa M's birthday. Don't worry Dad, I won't share which birthday we're celebrating! :)

No comments: