Sunday, August 16, 2009

23 Months Old

Today Rhea turned 23 months old. As we get closer and closer to her second birthday, I find it harder and harder to believe how quickly my little girl is getting big. The biggest change I have noticed in her over the past month is her awareness of what's hers and what's yours (although at times everything is Rhea's!). We'll be watching Gabba and when a song comes on she'll say "Rhea's song" or "Mommy's song." Or she'll be eating and she'll get a spoonful and tell me, "try Rhea's." It's nice because at this point she knows what's hers and she still wants to share!

Today was really hot - 90 degrees and lots of humidity, so Rhea and I stayed inside all day while Daddy went up to the race track for the annual Fun Ford Weekend. We watched a few episodes of Gabba. We played in Rhea's kitchen. We made lemonade. We had fun and stayed cool and then when Daddy got home, Rhea got to go in the pool for a quick swim (and by quick I mean 2 minutes since that's how long she was in). It was low key and I have a feeling it is much different than next month's celebration will be on the 16th!

No comments: