Thursday, April 23, 2009

It's All About Mickey

Yo Gabba Gabba and Sesame Street have been replaced in our house with Mickey's Clubhouse. In fact, that is the ONLY show we can watch right now. Not that Rhea watches a lot of TV, but the time she does is now dedicated solely to Mickey!

She must have been introduced to Mickey Mouse at school because all of a sudden on Saturday, she started asking for "Mickey." So, I checked On Demand and boom - Mickey's Clubhouse. Perfect, I thought. Apparently, Rhea thought so as well. Ever since that Saturday afternoon viewing we have seen Mickey every day, usually twice a day. And, we now only watch one episode - Daisy's Pet Project! I think Rhea likes this one because it has an elephant, giraffe and rabbit in it!

Although I already have the show memorized, I can say it is at least a good show. It is interactive and the kids are taught things, like how to count and about the animals, so at least she is learning something while she watches the show. It's funny because sometimes I see her interacting with them too. When they ask a question, she will say "noooo" or "yesss" and when Mickey tries to decide which Mouse-ca-tool he wants, sometimes Rhea will say "duckies" or "blocks" helping Mickey decide!

No comments: