This past weekend was a big one for Rhea. First and most importantly, we began phase 1 of weaning Rhea off the pacifier. After watching Super Nanny on Friday night and seeing 4 year old twins still using pacifiers, I decided we needed to get this binkie out of our lives stat! (Please no comments about my TV choices on Friday night).
So, starting Saturday morning, Rhea was only given her binkie for nap and night time. I wanted to go cold turkey, but was afraid that Rhea was too old because she would know enough to miss the binkie, but too young to understand why binkie was suddenly gone. So, we compromised.
Overall, Rhea did pretty well. She had some moments where she would get upset or tired and ask for "binkie" and I would tell her that binkie went bye-bye for now and for the most part she was OK with that. A couple of times, she would cry or whine, but we would do our best to distract her and the moment didn't last long.
To make sure I didn't give in, we have left binkie in Rhea's room after she wakes up. We didn't take it with us in the car or to the store, so all of us had no option but to learn to live without it.
The other big moment of the weekend was that Rhea moved up a shoe size to Toddler size 5 and is now sporting some new shoes. I didn't think this would be such a big thing, but it was. When we went to put her new shoes on yesterday, she freaked out. She tried to pull them off saying "no, no, no" and she seriously cried for 10 minutes. It was awful. We felt so bad and we honestly, weren't prepared for that kind of a reaction. But, I guess she was just a little freaked out and couldn't understand why the shoes she wore since the fall were being replaced. But, I kept telling her how exciting new shoes are and after a while, she calmed down and seemed OK with the shoes.
I bought her a couple pairs of sandals and another pair of sneakers, all size 5, so hopefully we won't have to go through that every time she wears a new pair of shoes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment