Thursday, January 22, 2009

Move Over High Chair

In the 6 days since my last post, Rhea has decided that she no longer wants to sit in her high chair. Our attempts to put her in the high chair were met with squirming, crying and just plain unhappiness. This reaction started suddenly. One day we were putting her happily in the high chair and then the next day, boom - high chair rage!

Since she has to sit somewhere while she eats, we pulled out her booster seat that up until that point had only been used when visiting other houses, hooked it up to a chair at the kitchen table and we had instant happiness once again. I guess she was ready to move up to the big table!

In other news, Rhea is now completely transitioned to her new classroom and I'd say she is doing OK with the transition. She was really happy in her old room - she loved the teachers, the toys and the other kids. In the new classroom, I think she likes her teachers and she is getting used to the kids, but she doesn't jump out of my arms in the morning anymore and she literally runs to me when I get there and makes it clear she can't wait to get going. I feel torn about this because I agree that she was ready to move up, but I wish she liked her new room as much as the old room. I keep trying to think back to September and how she was during her adjustment period. I'm sure it took her some time then to get used to everything, so hopefully with time, she will adjust in her new room.

In the mandatory sickness update, Rhea seems to be completely over the gross, awful stomach bug thing that plagued her last week. But, in its place seems to be yet another cold. The nose is runny, she is coughing...I know everyone says we have to do our time and all kids get sick at some point and she will have a great immune system someday blah, blah, blah. But, the non-stop sickness is getting old for all of us. I feel helpless once again, she feels miserable, no one is sleeping. You get the point. I am seriously counting down until spring.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good girl Rhea!!! You are growing out of things at the perfect time for you little cousin Josh!! We love all your hand-me-downs!
-Auntie Gina