Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Groundhog Day?

It's beginning to feel like the movie Groundhog Day. Another wintry day. Another ear infection! That's right, at Rhea's doctor's appointment on Monday night we got the bad news that not only is she teething, she also has another ear infection. I could feel the knot in my stomach forming as the doctor told us that Rhea would have to try the Teflex again and don't worry, we don't think the medicine caused her to get sick last time. But what if it did I asked. Well, then if she gets sick again, we'll know she can't tolerate the medicine and we'll try something else. Are you kidding me??? Do you know what we had to live through last time?? Don't worry, I quickly got a hold of myself and managed to make it through the appointment without breaking down.

So far, she is tolerating the medicine. But, I'm declaring success until we get through her last dose on Thursday and she makes it through the night.

It was a quick check-in appointment, so there aren't a lot of highlights. They did weigh her and she now weighs 22 pounds, 8 ounces, which means she did gain a little bit of weight despite being sick for the past month!

Her mood continues to be pretty good overall. I can tell that she isn't herself, but she slept well the past 2 nights and her appetite seems to have returned in full force. I sometimes wonder is she is eating too much, but she is healthy, so who am I to complain? Here is what she ate, just this morning, before going to daycare and having breakfast:
  • Yo Baby Yogurt
  • Grapes (still loves those grapes)
  • A frozen waffle

Usually at school, they will have some cereal and then french toast sticks or something like that. So, she eats 2 breakfasts really. But, she's hungry and she's active, so I guess she burns those calories during her playtime?!

On a separate note, I just want to wish a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Auntie Gina. I hope you are having an awesome day, despite the weather and that you enjoy your last year in your 20s!

No comments: