Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Shoe Fanatic


While many of you who know me may think this post is about me and my love for shoes, it's not. It's about my daughter's growing shoe obsession. Yes at 1, she has already become quite a shoe fanatic. If she sees my shoes laying around, she loves to play with them or bring them to me so I can put them on. When we open my closet with all of my shoes on the hanging shoe rack, she can't get enough of playing with the different pairs of shoes.

So, I guess it was inevitable that this love for shoes would one day translate to her own shoes. She has 2 pairs of shoes right now and to be honest, she never wears them. I have read articles that say the best way for a baby to learn to walk is barefoot. Plus with the recent warm weather, barefoot was the way to go.

At daycare, she would wear socks only - the closest way to having her barefoot without actually being barefoot at a public place.

So, her little shoes have sat on the floor in her room waiting for the days we would need them. Well, my little shoe diva found them last night and demanded that they be put on her feet. I'm all for encouraging her love of shoes since pretty soon she will have no choice but to wear them everyday. But, this demand came after bath when we were putting her in her pjs. I thought about saying no, but figured what the heck? So, she wore her shoes with her pjs until she went to bed and she was so happy to have those shoes on as you can tell by the picture above.

Since Rhea enjoyed wearing her shoes so much last night, we sent her to daycare this morning with shoes on for the first time. I wonder if they stayed on all day...

No comments: