Yesterday I took Rhea for her flu shot. I figure a shot is so much easier for all of us to deal with than the flu. And once again Rhea barely reacted to the shot. They give babies the flu shot in their legs because of the muscle there or something like that and when the needle was in her leg she made a brief "aaa" sound and that was it! No tears, no screaming! What a trooper! They actually break the dosage up for babies that small, so she has to go back for part 2 in 4 weeks.
When I dropped her off at daycare the director was telling me she was the fourth kid that day to get a flu shot. I was thinking good, maybe then the flu won't spread like wildfire through that daycare center (probably just wishful thinking, I know).
Yesterday was also a classmate's birthday, which meant cupcakes for everyone! Her teachers told me she really enjoyed her cupcake, so it was nice for her to have a treat after having to get a shot.
We haven't seen any side effects at all from the shot (knock on wood, knock on wood). I'm keeping my fingers crossed it stays that way since today is my birthday and we have some fun family activities planned (more on that on Monday) and hopefully another Red Sox victory tonight...GO SOX!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment