Yesterday when I picked up Rhea, her teacher told me that she had an incident with another kid. Apparently, Rhea and this other kid were playing and then suddenly the other kid bit Rhea's arm! The poor thing. It didn't break the skin, thank god, but Rhea does have a mark on her arm that clearly shows the shape of a little mouth. The good news is she doesn't seem bothered by it all. I just feel so bad. Anyway, even though this was on the minor side, they had to fill out an incident report which I had to sign saying that I was made aware of what happened. It's good to see they take these things seriously.
Other than that, daycare continues to go well. Today when I dropped Rhea off, her teacher told me how wonderful she is. How she eats well, naps well and keeps herself busy playing with toys when it's free time in the classroom. She actually said that she wished all of the kids were this easy to care for. I have to admit I was so proud to hear this. I mean I think Rhea is the best, but I am a little biased.
The only not-so-great thing is that Rhea refuses to wear a bib now. Her teachers tell me that every time they put a bib on her, she takes it right off. So, she comes home with food stains all over her clothes. It's nothing that doesn't come off in the wash, but I can almost tell what she ate just by looking at her sweatshirt when I pick her up!
Pickups have become so exciting too. I try to peek through the glass door to see what Rhea is doing before I go in the room. Today, Rhea was sitting on her teacher Shanta's lap playing with a toy. She saw me peeking in, smiled at me and then started waving hello. She's funny too because as soon as I go in and pick her up, she starts waving goodbye. Like, OK, you're here, let's go. Her teacher gives me a quick synopsis of her day, whether it was a good one or a bad, whether she ate well or not and Rhea is literally waving bye the entire time. Too funny~
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sounds like she's doing great, Angie. Reading about her reminds me of when my boys were babes. I miss them being so small!
Thanks Sarah - she is doing really well. I love every minute and every adventure, in case you can't tell by this blog! I know it is all going to go by so fast. I can't believe your kids are old enough to be in school now!
Post a Comment