We have had a busy few days. The weather has been really warm, so that meant more swimming. I swear Rhea is going to be an Olympic swimmer when she gets older. For now, she is happy floating in one of her two baby floats. Yesterday some friends met us at the pool and after spending about 30 minutes floating around, Rhea was exhausted and actually fell asleep pool-side with all of the yelling and splashing that was happening!
Yesterday, Rhea's Nana also stopped by, which means new toys to play with since Nana never comes over empty-handed! The newest additions to her toy collection include a cell phone and remote control - perfect for Rhea since these are the two things she loves to play with the most! She seems to understand that the remote powers the TV, so she will grab it, point it toward the TV and press the buttons, looking up occasionally to see if anything has changed. She also loves phones. I have all of my conversations on speakerphone these days because she gets such a kick out of hearing a voice come through the phone. Maybe these new toys will allow me to actually use my remote and cell phone myself...we'll see :)
Saturday we went to my godson Liam's 5th birthday party. It was fun, but Rhea once again turned into shy Rhea. We were there for about 3 hours and for 2 and a half of those hours, she was in my arms. She didn't want to get down, didn't want to crawl and didn't want to let anyone else hold her. A few times she did let Liam's sister Nena (who is almost 9) hold her, but only for a few seconds. The time out of my arms was spent getting her diaper changed and eating! Not that I'm complaining because when we are home, she wants to be held for a second before she wants me to put her down, so I actually got some cuddle time in this weekend!
Other new items from the past few days:
--If Rhea wants to be picked up, she will crawl over to me, pull herself up and then tap my leg until I pick her up. She did this to me the other day while I was washing some dishes. I thought it was so cute, like she was saying, "hello, pick me up now."
--Rhea can now feed herself finger foods! She has been eating finger foods for a while, but she hasn't been coordinated enough to feed herself. All of a sudden, she picked up one of the puffs she was eating and put it in her mouth. I was so excited, I started clapping, which made her excited and happy to do it again!
--We let Rhea try our drinks from time to time as long as we are having something she can drink - water, juice or Gatorade. Well, now she wants to try everything we drink. In order to drink my coffee yesterday morning, I had to make Rhea a bottle of water/juice so she would have something to drink and would stop trying to drink my coffee!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment