Tuesday, July 1, 2008

OK, I'm Up. How Do I Get Down Now?

Rhea loves to stand up now. She has been trying to pull herself up using the coffee table, etc for a while and she has finally figured it out. She no longer needs mommy's help to get from sitting to standing position.

This is a good thing because she is in even more in control of her floor time now. Last night, she started out playing with toy sitting in front of the coffee table. She then crawled to the table, put both of her hands on it and pulled herself up into a standing position.

The not so good part comes after she has been standing for a while when she wants to move on to somewhere else. She doesn't want to let go and let herself fall to the floor on her butt. So, when she gets sick of standing (after maybe 2 minutes with her attention span), she starts looking around for me or Daddy so she can hold on to one of our hands and sit down. If we react fast enough, the process is a happy one. But, if we delay, she starts fussing and making her point that she is ready to sit down NOW!

This standing and sitting issue has carried over the crib. Rhea has now realized that she can pull herself up and stand in her crib. Again, this is fine until she wants to stop standing in her crib. Then, she needs to make noise so we come in and help her. We had this scenario happen this morning at 5 am. I came in to a standing, crying baby, who then decided since she was awake and I was in her room, we might as well get up. I tried to lay her back down, but she wanted no part of it. Of course, since she was up an hour earlier than usual, she crashed at 7 am and took an hour nap before I had to wake her to bring her to Rachelle's!

No comments: