Monday, July 21, 2008

Big Night For Both Of Us

Saturday night we had a wedding to go, so my mom once again volunteered to baby-sit Rhea. Because the wedding was an hour from where we live, we decided to stay overnight and leave Rhea with my mom for the night. It was the practical thing to do, but it was a big decision for me because it was the first time in 10 months that I spent the night away from her! I did OK...I only called once on Saturday night and twice on Sunday morning. And Rhea did amazingly well - she had a great time, slept better than she ever does for me (she got up at 8 am!!) and according to my mom, loved all of the attention she got.

The wedding was fun...it was actually too much fun so yesterday after relieving my mom of baby-sitting duties, we hung out with Rhea and then when she went to bed at 7:00 pm, so did I! And thank god I did because Rhea had a rough night last night. She took a little while to fall asleep and then she woke up around 3 am and wanted to be held! Nothing else would satisfy her, so she and I spent the next 3 hours cuddled up on the couch.

This morning she seemed fine, although a little on the cranky side. She has been pulling at her right ear a little, so we are watching that. She doesn't have a fever and she isn't miserable, so I'm thinking she may be getting another tooth in. Hopefully, it's not an ear infection, although I wouldn't know if she had one since she has never had an ear infection yet (knock on wood, knock on wood). If it is teething, it would explain the tough night and the crankiness...but an ear infection would fit too. If she continues to pull at her ear tonight, we will try and get her to the doctor's tomorrow to check it out.

No comments: