Monday, May 5, 2008

Sippy Cup


We have been trying over the past month to introduce Rhea to the sippy cup. I know she's still little and she's way too young to switch to the sippy cup full-time, but her doctor told us and I read as well that if you can introduce babies to the sippy cup at a young age they will have an easier transition down the road. So, we decided to try it at dinner only with a mix of water and a little baby apple juice. Well, it hasn't gone well until this weekend. We tried every sippy cup we had and Rhea just couldn't get the concept, so on Saturday while we were at Babies R Us we found trainer sippy cups and it worked. Rhea drank an ounce of the water/juice mix at dinner on both Saturday and Sunday night. YAY!!!

In other news, Rhea's rash has gone away completely - thank god! We were vigilant about putting the cream on 3 times everyday and it worked wonders. This morning I put it on her before sending her to daycare, just in case, but I don't think we will need to use it much longer.


Rhea also seems to be fighting off a cold, but amazingly her immune system seems to be doing a good job keeping her from getting sick. Last Tuesday when I picked Rhea up from daycare I was told that another baby there was sick and had a cold. So, all week, I have been bracing for the inevitable sickness that I was sure would come. And sure enough on Friday, she woke up with a runny nose and she was sneezing a lot. Over the weekend, we tried to keep her fluids up and have her take it easy and her sneezing and runny nose seemed to stop. This morning she seemed fine...I'm going to wait a few more days until I consider us out of the woods, but maybe she will be able to avoid what feels like her 100th cold of the season!

2 comments:

MARY-ANN said...

Awwww....
Look at your baby drinking like a big girl already!!

mccashew said...

Good work with that sippy - trust me - it will absolutely help you out down the road - we had a nice smooth transition from bottle to sippy!