Thursday, May 29, 2008

Next Size

Rhea has officially outgrown her 3-6 month clothes and is now in 6-9 month clothes. We actually switched her to the next size in pajamas a few weeks ago because she is so long that the one piece pajamas were too small. But, she was able to stay in the regular clothes until now.

So, this meant that I had to break out her 6-9 month clothes and wash all of them. Yesterday after washing them, I was folding them in the living room while Rhea was playing with some toys. She decided to "help" me...by help me I mean that she moved herself over to the laundry basket, pulled herself up and then reached in and removed everything I had folded and placed nicely in the basket. She would pick something up and throw it to the side on the floor. We did this 3 times before I was able to distract her with something else and move the basket to another room out of sight.

The distraction was good because Rhea is definitely, 100% teething. I can see the top of her first tooth peeking through her gums. She is handling this process surprisingly well. Besides a couple of fussy moments and the one meltdown on Tuesday, she has hardly complained at all. She once again went to sleep last night with no problem and slept through the night. In fact, she slept in later this morning than she has in a few weeks. I keep thinking, it can't be this easy. I am prepared for sleepless nights and non-stop crying. Could we really make it through without all that? I guess time will tell...

1 comment:

mccashew said...

Caroline likes to help mommy fold laundry too, except now she lays it out neatly on the floor and then put it back in, so cute. Isn't it so much fun!?! =)

As for those pesky teeth, in our experience the teething affected her eating more than her sleeping. She refused to eat most things when she was getting a new tooth. We just got two molars and those have been giving her some grief resulting in whining and attitude, but not really sleep stuff. So there is a chance the sleep gods will look over you through this challenging time =)