This afternoon when I picked Rhea up from daycare, I passed one of the moms I regularly see at drop off and pick up. She told me that when she was getting her daughter, Rhea went up to her and asked, "where's my mommy?" Awww...I thought, she's starting to look forward to my picking her up. And sure enough when she saw me she was excited and ran right into my arms.
Then, when I put her in her car seat, she looked at me and said "I missed you all day Mommy." I almost burst into tears because that was both the most touching and saddest thing she ever said to me. It was touching for obvious reasons. But, my working mom guilt also set in and I thought, I hope she doesn't really spend her day missing me. I hope she's having so much fun that she doesn't have time to miss me and that she's just happy to see me when I get there. I'll never know. All I know is I miss her too and the highlight of my day is always when I get to pick her up...it's nice to know that might be the highlight of her day too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment