At school, Rhea's class has started to learn that everyone has a first and last name. To help them understand this, every morning during circle time, they go around to each kid and say hi first name, last name. This has been going on for a few weeks and as a result, Rhea now knows her first and last name. If you ask her her name, she'll tell you both. And she also knows her friends' first and last names. The other day when I picked her up, she looked at her friend Riley and said "bye Riley Smith" (I don't really know her last name so I added a fake one - you get the point).
When her teachers told us this I thought it was a good opportunity to explain that Rhea shares her last name with me and Daddy, but that seems to be pushing it just a little too far for her. Every time I tell her my last name, she says "no. That's Rhea's name." OK...clearly, this is a life lesson for another day!
On a different note, Rhea seems to have kicked her first cold of the season. She is no longer coughing and her nose isn't running anymore. Not that this has stopped her from asking for her cough medicine (the honey we were giving her)! Monday she was sneezing a lot, but so far, that hasn't turned into anything. Fingers crossed...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment