Tuesday, July 21, 2009

New Shoes!

In another sign that Rhea is getting bigger, she has moved up a shoe size to Toddler Size 6! I noticed that her shoes were just starting to get tight - her little toes were right up to the end of her sandals. So, last night after she went to bed, I ran to Kohl's on a mission to find some new shoes fast. I figured 2 pairs would get us through the summer and then we can think about fall shoe needs.

This morning I had the two pairs of shoes I found - purple sandals and pink tennis shoes - on the coffee table waiting for Rhea when she woke up. Since previous attempts to introduce new shoes were met with tears and screams of "no!" I wanted to make this more exciting. So, when Rhea saw the shoes, I yelled "yay - new shoes for Rhea!" I think there is a lot to be said about how things are presented because she was excited. And of course before she tried the shoes on her feet, she had to try them on her hands!! Here is a picture:


This story comes with good news and bad news. The good news is that Rhea is happily at school in her new purple sandals. The bad news is that these new shoes seem to just fit! Her toes seem almost at the end already! I just hope these last until September. Although I might be able to get a good deal on sandals in August as stores are trying to get rid of them. Hmmm....

No comments: