Monday, July 6, 2009

4th Of July Fun

This was Rhea's second 4th of July and it was a lot like the first one. The weather was perfect. We had a BBQ. We went to a parade. And Rhea once again slept through the fireworks! I thought for sure this would be the year she would stay up. Or at least that the sound of the fireworks would wake her up. But, no.

The fireworks started at 9:30 pm - a full 2 hours after her bedtime. And she did good. She almost made it. But, by 9:15, it was dark and she was out! Every boom I would look at her, but once she was asleep, nothing was waking her up!

I was really surprised because earlier in the day, she had a tough time at the parade. The sound of the firetrucks scared her big time and sent her flying into my arms, where she stayed throughout the entire parade. The rest of the weekend she would remind us that the "big trucks, loud!"

So, it was a little surprising that the loud fireworks didn't wake her up. But, I guess that's why the expression says "sleeping like a baby!"

No comments: