I swear I am a good mom and I put bug repellent on my child before she plays outside. I swear I always pack the bug spray with us, so I can add more if I need to. But, despite my planning and attention to detail, my daughter has not one, not two, not three, but four big mosquito bites. Bites that are making her - and me - completely miserable.
She has one on her leg, one on each arm and one on her face. I can tell they are bothering her because while I was holding her earlier she was rubbing her arm on my shoulder trying to itch it. So sad!
I can also tell they are bothering her because she is MISERABLE. She asked, no demanded to take a bath this evening, so I put her in. Then as soon as she was sitting in the bath, she demanded to get out. Then, as soon as I took her out, she wanted back in! It was clear that tonight was a no-win night...and let's just say I think both she and I are breathing a sigh of relief that bedtime has come!
Before putting her to bed, we did put some hydrocortisone cream on the bites to try and help and then promptly put her in long sleeve, long pant pajamas so she won't try to itch. Let's just hope these stupid bites heal...and fast.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Here's a random thing to use as bug repellant, and it doesn't contain any chemicals!!! Put some listerine in a spray bottle and mist it on her clothes before you go outside. For some reason, mosquitos HATE listerine, and it lasts all day, no reapplication needed! It doesn't even need to be on her skin, just being on her clothes should work.
Post a Comment