Monday, February 9, 2009

This One Only!

It seems that Rhea is picking favorites and will now accept no substitutes! She will only use one binkie - her purple Pooh one. As a result, she refuses to use anything else. She won't even use the pink one that came in the same package and is the same exact binkie, just a different color! It makes me nervous - what if we lose this binkie? It will be a catastrophe!! Or maybe, we will finally be able to get rid of the binkie. I've wanted to do that for a while, but I want to wait until she is feeling good and isn't sick and since she has been sick since September, we are still waiting for a good time to say bye bye to binkie.

Rhea also wants to watch the same video every time she wants to relax and watch TV. She still prefers to run around and play, but when she wants to sit back, she wants to watch "Emo" - her Sesame Street DVD. And we can't watch just any Sesame Street show. No, it has to be the same one - Kids' Favorite Songs! Now, don't get me wrong, I like the show and I like all of the songs, but I have seen it so many times, I have it memorized. And worst, I find these songs get stuck in my head during the day. I really don't need to be singing "Row, Row, Row Your Boat" while I'm trying to work! Emo has also seemed to replace her former favorite show Yo Gabba Gabba, which we still watch, but not as much!

But, these things make her happy, so we do them over and over and over again.

On the health front, Rhea had a good weekend. For the first time in a while, she seemed like herself - running around with lots of energy, eating non-stop and most importantly, not getting sick! It was nice to see a return of our happy little busy-body! The only thing is her nose is running...again. Might be another tooth, might be another cold. I guess we'll find out soon enough!

No comments: