Monday, February 2, 2009

Officially Allergic

It's officially Groundhog Day today, so if you feel like you have read this post before and reliving everything, just like the movie...it's because it's the same topic as it was the other day and the day before that and the day before that...

I am not a doctor, but I am going to officially diagnose Rhea as allergic to Teflex. It was all going so smoothly...she took all of the dosages she needed to with no side effects whatsoever. She had her last dose on Thursday and all was good....until Saturday morning when I went in to find that she had once again gotten sick in her crib.

For a little while, I considered that she might have the flu, especially since Billy has been sick since last Tuesday with what we think is the flu. But, she didn't have a fever and while she wasn't herself, she wasn't acting sick either.

We made it through Saturday with us keeping a close eye on her and feeding her only stomach-friendly food (in other words, as little dairy as possible). Then, Saturday night shortly after I put her to bed, we heard her get sick. So, Billy and I snuck in her room and he held her, while I changed her bed and cleaned her up. Miraculously, she didn't wake up through all this. We decided at this time to try and be smart about making the bed and we piled a few blankets under Rhea, so if she got sick again, we could just lift her, remove and replace the messy blanket and put her back without having to strip the entire crib. This came in handy last night when we had to change her blankets 3 times.

This is the exact same thing that happened last time and I know it took a few days for the medicine to work its way out of her system...that means the end is in sight. But for now, we are just trying to help Rhea through this. And we promise we will never, ever give her this medicine again. I don't care what any doctor says, I don't need to test her limits again. We'll just have to try something else...

No comments: