Even though all I wanted to do this weekend was relax and recover from our travels, our calendar was full, so we kept busy as our vacation time wound down.
Friday was the closest day we had to a recovery day. We went to the grocery store to restock the fridge and then Daddy worked outside, while Rhea and I unpacked our luggage and tried to catch up on laundry and some other chores. Rhea did "help" too, by taking clothes out and putting them back in, while I went through the other clothes that she wasn't playing with!
Saturday Grandpa and Grandma M stopped by on their way to a play and visited with us for about an hour. Rhea enjoyed playing with them, although she didn't quite know what to think about my dad's beard! He would give her a kiss and she would touch her cheek afterward. Then at one point, she was touching his beard and you could just see her thinking "what is that?"
Memere and Pepere arrived shortly after Grandpa and Grandma left and spent a couple of hours visiting before we left to go see Neil Diamond perform at Fenway. It was a good concert with a shocking range of people - from really old people to kids and everyone in between. I can't help but be a Neil Diamond fan since I grew up with a mother who loves Neil Diamond. I remember his music playing a lot at our house or in the car and I was surprised at the concert at just how many songs I know all the words to. The big highlight of course was him singing Sweet Caroline, a staple at Red Sox games, in Fenway park. It was awesome...so awesome that he played it 3 times!
But since this is Rhea's blog and not mine, I'll get to what she was doing while we were at the concert. She was spending time with Auntie Gina and Uncle Brian who came out to watch her. Rhea has been very clingy lately, so we knew she couldn't see us leave or she would have a tough time, so we said goodbye and then Gina and Brian took her for a walk while we snuck out the back door. She ended up falling asleep and then waking up, ready to play without noticing we were gone. Gina said they had a good time playing with her and were able to get through her nighttime routine and put her to bed without any problems...which is good, since not only were they spending quality time with their niece, they were also practicing for their own baby who we just found out is due on May 1! Gina shared her good news with us this weekend. Congrats again - we are all so excited.
Yesterday was mine and Billy's 6th wedding anniversary. We decided to relax for most of the day and enjoy our time with Rhea before we all had to get back to our daily routines. So, we all took it easy...so easy in fact that when Rhea napped around 1, so did we! After we put her to bed, Billy and I had a nice dinner and then watched our wedding video that Dick made us. So much has changed since that day - we are all a little older, we now have Rhea, so many people in the video have also become parents and some in the video are no longer with us (someday I swear I will be able to see my grandfather without feeling the enormous loss and sadness that he isn't here to meet his great-granddaughter he would love so much). We reflected on what a beautiful day our wedding was and on how lucky we are to have so many people in our loves who love us and how happy we are now. It was a good ending to a busy week. Maybe tonight, we can start the recovery!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Congrats to Gina and Brian! and SIX YEARS??!?!?!?!! WOW! Time flies... so much has changed.
Post a Comment