Thursday, August 28, 2008

Day With Mommy

I decided not to torture Rhea, Rachelle or myself and decided to keep Rhea home with me today. I worked for a few hours last night after she went to bed and figured I would do the same tonight to make up any time I miss by spending the day with Rhea. It's worth it. I have managed to get some things done today and right now Rhea is fast asleep in her crib taking a much needed nap, so I even have time to update her blog.

We've had a fun day so far. Rhea spent a while this morning emptying the pantry and then moving each item one by one from the kitchen down the hall to her playroom. It was really amusing to watch. Then when she was done moving everything, she moved on to something else - I guess she just wanted the applesauce cups and hot chocolate packets in the foyer!

Another source of amusement - the upstairs. As I mentioned before, Rhea loves to climb up the stairs. Now once she gets to the top, she likes to explore each room one-by-one. It's funny because for a long time she wasn't interested in anything up here - it was really only a place where she slept. But now, she loves it.

Our battle of the day has been the pen. Rhea wants every pen she sees as soon as she sees it. She gets the concept that you put the pen to something and move it around and I get such a kick out of watching her. But, she also wants to put the pen in her mouth or try to click it on and I'm worried she will get ink everywhere including in her mouth. So, I let her play with a pen and want to encourage her to use a pen, but once she starts trying to eat it, I have to take it away, which makes her really unhappy. Sigh...I tried to show her a crayon today (at least that is non-toxic) and how it scribbles in pretty colors, but she just threw it aside and wanted the stupid pen!

We did have a big girl moment today when for lunch Rhea had toast with melted cheese on it, cut in pieces, not blended. Yay - her first big girl lunch! It had cheese on it, so do I even have to say she loved it? She also had cut up peaches with the toast and liked them. Peaches were the one fruit she hated back in the stage 1 days...guess they can go in the food she likes column now.

Now I have to get back to work since I'm sure Rhea will wake up soon. Just wanted to spend a few of my valuable computer time today capturing our fun mommy and Rhea day.

No comments: