Monday, January 18, 2010

S-N-O-W!

Today was MLK day, which meant it was a holiday for me. But, thanks to Mother Nature, today was also a snow day, which meant an extra day with Rhea. We spent most of it inside waiting for the snow/hail/freezing rain to stop. Once it did, we went outside and spent about an hour (as long as Rhea could tolerate) outside. Not only did we make snowballs and walk in the snow, we also broke in her new sled that Santa brought. Here are a couple of pictures from the day:


On a separate note, we are back to Pull-Ups today. Am I surprised? No, not really. The problem we have is at 2 years, 4 months, Rhea will use potty if we put her on it. What she will not do is ask to use the potty. So, if we go too long, we have a wet or messy Pull-Up.

Yesterday, Rhea did well with the big girl underwear until about 4:00 p.m. when she had an accident. That really upset her and after we cleaned her up and changed her, Rhea asked for Pull-Ups. I guess being like Lydia isn't worth the mess! Anyway, today she spent the day in Pull-Ups and had one accident all day, which she now called an "accident" instead of saying she's wet.

I'm sure this is all part of the process and the next time Rhea asks me for underwear, I'll put her in them because I want to keep her excited about this change and I want to encourage her desire to be a big girl. And one of these times will be the time when it clicks. What a day that will be!

No comments: