Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Santa, I would like...

M&M's! That's right, when Rhea got a chance to talk to Santa last week and he asked her what she wanted, her response was "more M&M's!" At least she's easy to please!

Last Friday was actually the third time Rhea has seen Santa this holiday season. The first was at the Hasbro Christmas party with Grandpa. That time, she wouldn't go anywhere near him and the only way I was able to get a picture of her with Santa was by me holding her.

The second time was a week later at the post office party with Nana. This time she was a little better...she sat with Santa by herself for a couple of seconds before bolting. We got a picture, although not a great one.

By the third time, Rhea was brave enough to sit by herself for a good picture and to talk to Santa! I guess she's starting to realize Santa is a good guy!

It's funny because she kind of understands that it's "chris-a-mas." We have a countdown calendar and everyday we'll count down how many more days to go. We've watched Mickey's Clubhouse where he saves Santa about 100 times over the past month. We've even gotten to open a few presents already! So, Rhea knows Christmas is something exciting. But, I don't think she has any idea what Friday will mean...that when she wakes up that morning, she'll have a pile of presents to open and new toys to play with. I can't wait...

No comments: