Today's daycare pickup was a nightmare come true. I came up the stairs to Rhea's daycare and heard the sounds of my daughter crying. It seems that right before I got there, a kid in Rhea's class pushed her in some way (the details are coming from a 2 and a half year old, so they're a little fuzzy). In the end, she bumped her head on something outside and had a good size egg on the back of her head.
I felt so bad - I wanted to cry myself. But, instead her teacher gave me a boo-boo buddy to take home and we somehow made it home where we replaced the school boo-boo buddy with our at-home boo-boo baseball (Rhea's current favorite). That was followed by some Tylenol (which was not on the recall list), smarties and an episode of Dora the Explorer. By the time we got to Dora, I could tell Rhea was feeling better.
The rest of the night seemed like any other night. Rhea had lots of energy, ate well and didn't show signs of any issues related to the egg. Every once in a while she would remember that she hurt herself and launch into her sad voice saying, "poor Rhea - she has an egg on her head. I don't like having an egg on my head." But, then something would distract her and she would be fine again.
I'm hoping this means everything is OK. It just makes me so nervous when we talk about head injuries of any kind.
For now, we'll keep an eye on her and I'll do everything in my power not to push the stupid kid who pushed my little girl! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment