Thursday, November 13, 2008

We Are So Lucky To Have Her Here

That is what Rhea's teacher Shanta said to me when I picked Rhea up from daycare yesterday. She was telling me how good Rhea is and how much fun they have with her. My obvious pride and gratitude for these kind words grew even further when Shanta and Rhea showed me how they dance. Shanta had music on and she does a dance step where she lifts one foot and then hops onto the other foot. Rhea tries to copy this and then turns around in a circle. Apparently this is how my daughter boogies every time at school! So cute!

I also learned that there have been several developments at daycare recently. Rhea is now sitting in a chair at the table and is no longer sitting in a high chair or booster seat. In fact, they said she is very good about waiting in her chair once she is done until one of her teachers can stand next to her in case she needs help getting down (which she usually doesn't).

Rhea and her classmates have also started understanding circle time and sitting still for all of 5 minutes (a long time for these 1 year olds). The other day during circle time when they were saying animal names and making the noises each one makes, Rhea made it clear she knew what the cow says and I hear very loudly let everyone hear her "mooo."

We have developed a routine during pick up now so as soon as Rhea sees me, she starts clapping and immediately walks over to her cubby and tries to grab her coat. As soon as I put her coat on she starts waving bye and saying what is sounding closer and closer to bye bye to everyone. Her teachers and I laugh because she makes it very clear once I get there that she is ready to go home. It's great to see her so well adapted.

In non-daycare news, we think Rhea has another tooth coming in. Tuesday night she was miserable. She would be playing and happy and then all of the sudden out of nowhere, she would start crying/screaming. The only times I have ever seen her that unhappy were when teeth were coming in. We gave her Tylenol and that seemed to help a little, although she stayed unhappy until she went to bed. She was up at 3:00 yesterday morning, but this morning was back to her normal routine of waking up at 6:00. She also seems to be much happier, so I wonder if we will soon see the white of a new tooth peeking through.

No comments: